You just gave the last one an Apple smartphone. During the iPhone activation process, you will be asked to create an iTunes account and enter your credit card number to validate the procedure. You may not want to associate a form of payment with this new account. Do not panic there is a 100% legal solution to open an iTunes account without disclosing its banking data.
What is an iTunes account?
An iTunes Store account is required to use your iPhone or iPad. Without this precious sesame impossible to download updates or the latest fashionable apps. You will also need it to put music or videos on your mobile. It’s hard to do without an iTunes account.
Unfortunately to validate the creation of an ID, Apple systematically requests to enter the information of your credit card (its number, its validity date and the three-digit verification code). This is not without posing some problems for the parents. The latter sometimes have some reluctance to give their bank details, for fear of seeing their offspring made unreasonable purchases on the App Store. A few years ago several affairs have moreover defrayed the chronicle. In 2013, a 5-year-old British boy spent more than 2000 euros in paying extensions on the App Store.
Create an ID without entering your bank details
By opening an iTunes account without a credit card, your children will be able to download all the free apps of their choice and continue to have fun with their smartphone without fear for your wallet.
Here’s how to open an iTunes account without a credit card
It is important to follow these instructions carefully:
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Select the iTunes Store by clicking on the corresponding tab
- Make sure that the displayed flag matches the location of your home. If not, click on it and choose the flag of your country.
- Then select Books
- Click on the free books link in the column to the right of the page
- Make your choice then press the Get button
- ITunes will ask you to create an Apple ID.
- Fill in all required fields
- In the Payment Information box, select None.
- Once the form is completed, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to validate the creation of your iTunes account.
Add this account to your iPhone or iPad
Now that we have just created an iTunes account without a credit card, we will now link it to an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store from your mobile or tablet
- Then click “Sign In” and then “Use an existing Apple ID”
- Enter the email address and password of the iTunes account we created previously
There it’s finished. You now know how to open an iTunes account without a credit card. You will be able to use the App Store, the iTunes Store and the iBook Store and enjoy all the free apps. Note that if you have set up the family sharing mode on your iPhone or iPad, the No Payment Method option will not appear in the registration form.